A former media aide to ex-President Muhammadu Buhari, Lauretta Onochie has taken to Twitter to call for the arrest of the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi.
Onochie, who is known to hold controversial positions on public discourse, and is also the immediate past chairman of the board of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC), directed the call to the Department of State Services and the Nigerian Police.
She accused Peter Obi of instigating youths to violence and of trying to use the Labour Unions in Nigeria to carry out waring strikes on the eve of the judgment from the Presidential Electoral Petitions Tribunal (PEPT). Peter Obi has a cult like following amongst the youths in Nigeria.
Onochie had been featured in a video a couple of days ago trying to get accommodation in an apartment in London. She was recently removed from the board of the NDDC after a new board was constituted by the Bola Tinubu administration.
Here is her post on Twitter:
I think it’s high time you pulled in this clown.
• He did the right thing by seeking power through the ballot box. That’s legal!
• He managed to win some and lost the most. Fair enough!
• Then, his running mate and other unpatriotic Angry Birds, began to instigate our youth to violence.
• But our Noble and patriotic youth completely ignored them, because sensible youth in Nigeria, are more in number than his headless mob.
• Knowing he had no leg to stand on, he allowed himself to be foolishly led to the Tribunal by #Cashactivists, to pursue issues already decided by the Supreme Court, years ago.
• Then they tried using the Labour movement to call for (WARNING?) strikes around the PEPT judgement day. It failed woefully. Kudos to our youth population!
•This man, @PeterObi, continues to instigate his headless and consequently, brainless followers to a violent change of government. I have never seen a more desperate individual.
• There’s something sinister and ominous about a man who came 3rd in a race and wants to be declared the winner, AT ALL COST!
• I think it’s high time he was pulled in to answer a few questions. Nigerians want to know why Peter Obi, is this desperate.
●Pull him in, heavens will not fall📍
God bless Nigeria.